Sunday, June 22, 2014

Mid Term Retreat & Starry Heavens (Day27)

During last Friday to Sunday, I spend at Diani Beach, 30km south of Mombasa, with other three interns and FSD site team as a midterm retreat of our internship.


I can’t believe that almost one month has passed in Mombasa and I have spent three weeks in my organization. I have met many people who have a passion to solve some issues so far. I also love the culture of Mombasa that people value the relationship with others through talking directly and respect seniors. For me, this culture is similar in part with Japanese that I used to do.

Diani Beach is a beach resort area and the beach is covered beautiful white sand. People can enjoy with snorkeling, a coral watching, fishing, and dolphin watching in the area.

Unfortunately, Saturday and Sunday are raining, so we couldn’t do those marine activities. We’re cooking, sipping on tea, and playing games, reading books; that was a pleasant time. It was relaxing and precious time.

The night of the second day was the most impressive day for me. After enjoying very nice seafood barbeque that “Dr. Fish” took those seafood for us, we watched world cup that was the last half much of Germany vs. Ghana on TV. The place that we watched the much was a small bar that took within 5 minutes by walk from our cottage.

One of the interns said that “look up the sky!”. I watched the beautiful starry heavens when I looked up the sky and a lot of stars are shining in the sky.  Some stars were shining strongly and some were weekly, but those were part of the infinite starry heavens.

I think this impression could apply human nature. Some people are shining strongly and some are weekly like stars, but those are part of infinite human life. Sometimes I am apt to compare what I have done, achieved, and got so far with others, and I disappoint realizing that I have done, achieved and got only a little or nothing.

However, imaging I am a part of infinite human life has changed my mind. Comparing other people has no sense of this infinite human life. I would like to shine by myself to do what I should do.





No comments:

Post a Comment